We were having shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner one night and I wanted a nice crusty bread to server them on but I'd done my shopping at Target and hadn't found anything other then baguettes. So I looked up on Google the best recipe for bbq sandwich bread. The answer I got was white rolls from the supermarket but if you were going to make them from scratch Portuguese Sweet Bread was the way to go.
Ingredients:
1 c milk
1 egg
2 tbsp margarine
1/3 c white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 c bread flour
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
Preparation:
Place all ingredients in the bread machine in that order. Put the setting on dough. When it's done take it out of the bread machine and put it on a floured counter top.
Grease a cooking tray (or two).
Break off pieces of dough and roll them into a ball. Place with at least an inch (I usually go with about 2) on the cookie sheet. You can cover and let it rise if the kitchen is warm but I usually set the oven to 175 degrees and place the rolls in there to rise for 30 minutes (uncovered).
If you go with the oven rising stage, keep the door closed and after 30 minutes turn the temperature up to 375 degrees. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
If you let the dough rise on the counter, preheat the oven to 375 degrees once the dough is as high as you'd like and bake 10-12 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment