Sunday, March 24, 2013
Baked Shrimp
Today was the first day in our new ward after the boundaries changed and our Sunday in weeks to be home with all of the traveling we've been doing so we decided to stay home. I made a big Sunday feast - shrimp, sweet potato fries, biscuits and watermelon. We were going to grill the shrimp but Rich found out late last night we were out of propane so we tried a new recipe I kept seeing float around Pinterest. I made a few modifications but it was really good.
In our hunger I forgot to get a picture but it was yummy! Rich even liked it and he usually only likes shrimp when it's breaded.
Ingredients:
1.5 - 2 lbs of shrimp, peeled and deviened
1 -2 sticks of butter
1 lime, thinly sliced
Garlic, to taste
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
Italian Seasonings, to taste (less than 1 tsp)
Directions:
Melt one stick of butter
Mix garlic, salt and pepper into the butter
Pour the butter and shrimp into a ziploc bag and shake it out
Put in the fridge for 30 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Cover a baking sheet with foil
Melt the other stick of butter (if your butter hardened in the bag while marinating)
Pour butter into the pan (if you melted the second stick)
Place the slices of lime in the butter
Pour the shrimp and contents of the bag into the tray
If butter is in chunks make sure some are on top of the shrimp
Season with the Italian seasoning
Bake for 15 minutes
Shrimp should be pink at the end. The top of the shrimp may be dry so use a spatula to flip them over into the butter and put back in the oven for 1-2 minutes
Note:
Because my shrimp was cold and I put the whole bag into the fridge the butter got solid again. I think it worked out really well because all of the shrimp had even seasoning of garlic, salt and pepper and then I had seasoned butter to put on top of the shrimp. The original recipe didn't marinate and got rave reviews so you could probably skip that step.
Labels:
Dinner,
PCOS Friendly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment